SunWize solar engineering provides industry and government with cost-effective and dependable solar power systems for outdoor equipment where utility power is unavailable or impractical. Our solar engineering expertise includes off-grid solar power systems and solar hybrid systems which can include generators, fuel cells, thermo-electric generators (TEGs), and/or wind turbines for micro-grids or as secondary energy sources.
Hybrid systems are an excellent choice when low winter solar resources can make stand-alone off-grid solar systems impractical or expensive. Hybrid systems also let you choose the contribution of each renewable and non-renewable energy source.
Let's Get Started - System Sizing FormStart Your Next Project
SunWize Solar Hybrid System Data SheetView Data Sheet
What are the key benefits of PV/hybrid technology?
- A hybrid system can usually cost-effectively power loads from 500 to 5,000 watts or more.
- The PV array is reduced in size from what it would be for a standalone system which drops the cost of the array.
- Since the battery bank does not exclusively carry the load through inclement periods of weather, it is also smaller, reducing battery costs.
- By carefully selecting the generator and rectifier sizes, we can optimize the loading on the generator. Optimal loading assures the highest efficiency operation, minimizes fuel consumption and maximizes intervals between required maintenance.
- By normally operating periodically, or according to an intended design, the engine can consume a wide range of fuel, depending on the specific project needs. Fueling and maintenance can vary, but is often between approximately 1-4 times per year. Exact fuel consumption will depend on load, run time, generator, and other factors.
- When multiple sites are deployed over a large geographic area, such as a microwave backbone system, we can standardize a single hybrid system design. The only variability is the engine contribution with the subsequent run intervals and fuel consumption. The physical and electrical designs of the power system are identical across the network so that the installation steps are the same at all sites.
- Sizing a hybrid power system is very different than sizing an stand-alone off-grid power system. For a hybrid power system, the solar array is optimized for maximum annual energy production. In a stand-alone off-grid system, the array is optimized for maximum energy production during the worst solar resource month of the year.
With over 20 years of proven reliability in extreme environments, our solar, battery backup, and hybrid power systems are pre-engineered, assembled and tested for easy installation and minimal maintenance. We also offer a broad spectrum of remote industrial power system components, such as electrical components, batteries, solar modules, enclosures, and solar module mounts, which can all me found for order on our our website - Shop Now.