Start your journey through the SunWize process now
SunWize is your trusted source for rugged and reliable stand-alone industrial power solutions and electronic assemblies.
Our ProcessOur streamlined five-step process includes:
- Site and Load Analysis
- System Proposal
- Engineering & Design
- Production & Testing
CapabilityWe offer OEMs, controls integrators, security integrators, and telemetry integrators a broad spectrum of remote power system parts, such as electrical components, batteries, solar modules, enclosures, and mounts for customer integration into OEM applications and custom electrical or control panels. Our online portal, SunWize Connect, allows customers to purchase quality, application specific, remote industrial solar components at competitive prices 24/7. View our Capability Statement!
1. Site and Load Analysis
2. System Proposal
3. Engineering and Design
4. Production & Testing
Technological Advancements in Remote Power Collection & Storage
The primary technologies that enable power systems to run autonomous from the power grid and with limited human interaction are batteries, solar modules, diesel and propane generators, fuel cells, thermoelectric generators, and electronic power conditioning equipment.
Vast improvements in these technologies resulting in higher efficiency, greater reliability, greater functionality, more availability and lower cost make is possible to build autonomous power systems to power larger and more complex electrical loads than ever before.
Increasing Demand for Connectivity & Autonomous Power
The machines of industries such as mining, transportation, oil & gas extraction, security, environmental monitoring, research, and utilities are connected in the Internet of Things, the IoT, and many of those things are located far from electrical power grids; therefore, autonomous power systems are increasingly required. Humans across the globe are increasingly connected to data and voice networks that also require autonomous power systems. People throughout the developed nations operating businesses from home are requiring near perfect power reliability at home, which requires reliable large scale backup power systems, another form of autonomous power systems. Increased deployment of distributed solar power systems onto utility power grids is beginning to require integration with batteries to store energy for smoothing delivery of the renewable energy to the utility grid. The confluence of these improved power generating and conditioning technologies and the demand for electricity nearly everywhere and for near perfect power reliability in grid connected cities is creating an Age of Power Autonomy.
Sunwize Power & Battery continues the legacy of the SunWize brand forging new trails to bring you the most rugged, durable, long-lasting and cost-effective autonomous power options available today.
- Solar modules are more efficient than ever, producing more power in less space, and solar modules market prices have fallen by 50% or more over the past few years.
- Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) AGM and Gel battery technologies are proven and broadly accepted in demanding autonomous power applications requiring essentially maintenance free operation in remote location with operating life of 5 to 10 years, further these technologies are proven to work in extreme high and low temperatures.
- Li-ion battery technology and Battery Management Systems (BMS) have advanced significantly over the past few year and are realizing wide spread commercialization. Li-Ion batteries are more energy dense per pound than lead acid batteries and offer higher cycle life and deeper discharging. Up front cost for Li-ion batteries is higher than lead acid batteries. However, when considering overall lifecycle cost Li-Ion batteries prove to be more competitive than at first glance due to higher cycle life and deeper discharging.
- Solar charge controllers, DC to AC inverters, DC to Dc Converters and AC-DC converters and battery chargers are more effective, more efficient, and more functional and lower cost than ever. (As seen in fuel cells, diesel and propane.)
- Wireless communication through Wi-Fi, RF communication with SCADA systems, cell modems, and satellite communication allow system monitoring and troubleshooting that was not feasible a few years ago.