017006 – Charge Controller, 12-48VDC, 30A, MPPT, TS-MPPT-30
Morningstar TriStar TS-MPPT-30
Morningstar’s TriStar TS-MPPT-30 solar controller
TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The TS-MPPT-30 controller provides the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
The TriStar MPPT features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of data logging.
• Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
• Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer life for electronic components
• No mechanical relays
• Extensive electronic protections including PV short circuit protection
• Epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformally coated printed circuit boards Metering and Data Logging
• TriStar meter and remote meter provides detailed operating data, alarms and faults
• Three LEDs display system status
• Up to 200 days of data logging via meters or communications ports
Extensive Networking and Communications Capabilities
Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability. Uses open standard MODBUS™ protocol and Morningstar’s MS View software.
• Meterbus: communications between compatible Morningstar products
• Serial RS-232: connection to a personal computer
• EIA-485: communications between multiple devices on a bus
• Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local network or internet; view from a web browser or send email/text messages
• EMC-1: IP based network and internet connectivity Very High Efficiency
• Peak efficiency of 99%
• Proprietary tracking algorithm minimizes power losses
• Low self-consumption
• Continuous operation at full power to 45°C without need to de-rate
• Selected electronic devices with higher ratings to minimize losses from heating
Key Features & Benefits
The TriStar MPPT charge controller delivers high reliability and excellent performance and features:
- 97.9% peak efficiency.
- Morningstar’s advanced 4-stage charging algorithm to optimize battery health
- Robust thermal, mechanical and electrical design
- Environmentally optimized and equipped with extensive electronic protections
- Industry standard open communication protocols and interfaces for system networking, monitoring and communications
- Superior lightning protection from nearby lightning-induced voltage/current spikes
The TriStar MPPT charge controller’s high voltage capability and flexible design enable several application scenarios including:
- Oil & Gas
- Remote Monitoring
- Water & Wastewater
- Much More!
Morningstar Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of solar charge controllers & inverters. Since our inception in 1993, over three million Morningstar units have been installed in over 112 countries around the world. Our controllers & inverters have set new standards in performance, quality, reliability and innovative features, and global solar markets have consistently recognized Morningstar’s products as the industry’s best overall customer value.
Our manufacturing is conducted in a fully automated world-class ISO 9001 facility, and our quality control includes 100% functional testing on every product, using the latest computerized test equipment and processes. For over 20 years, Morningstar has not changed its ownership, management or strategy, helping to build trusted, long term relationships among its employees, customers and suppliers.
Looking for more technical information on solar charge controllers? View our Tech-Note on different types of charge controllers!