003252 – Charge Controller, 12VDC, 10A, PWM, SS-10-12V, C1D2
Morningstar SunSaver SS-10-12V Class 1 Division 2
MorningStar SunSaver SS-10-12V Charge Controllers
Morningstar’s SunSaver™ is the world’s leading small solar charge controller for professional and consumer applications. This device includes a combination of features and capabilities not found in other small PV controllers. SS-10-12V is rated for Hazardous Locations – Class 1, Division 2 Groups A-D, making it the preferred choice for Oil & Gas applications.
SS-10L-24V, SS-10L-12V, SS-6-12V, SS-6L-12V, SS-20L-12V, SS-10-12V, SS-20L-24V
Key Features and Benefits
• 100% solid state
• Series design (not shunt)
• True 0 to 100% PWM duty cycle
• Setpoint accuracy 12V: +/-25mV; 24V: +/-48mV
• Fully encapsulated in epoxy potting
• Marine rated terminals / anodized case
• Temperature compensation
• Sealed / Flooded battery select
• Parallel for 40 amps or more
• System voltage 12 or 24 volts
• Min. battery voltage 1 volt
• Regulation voltage 12 volt 24 volt
Sealed battery 14.1 V 28.2 V
Flooded battery 14.4 V 28.8 V
• Load disconnect 11.5 V 23.0 V
• LVD reconnect 12.6 V 25.2 V
• Max. solar voltage
12V battery 30 volts
24V battery 60 volts
• Load in-rush capability
SunSaver-6 45 amps
SunSaver-10 65 amps
SunSaver-20 140 amps
• Self-consumption < 8 mA
• Voltage accuracy 12V: +/– 25 mV (typical)
24V: +/– 48 mV (typical)
• Transient surge protection 1500W per connection
• Weight (unpacked) 0.23kg / 8 oz.
• Dimensions 15.2 x 5.5 x 3.4 cm
6.0 x 2.2 x 1.3 inch
• Storage temperature –55°C to +80°C
• Humidity 100% non-condensing
• Tropicalization Epoxy encapsulation
Marine rated terminals
Anodized aluminum case
The charge controller’s high voltage capability and flexible design enable several application scenarios including:
- Oil & Gas
- Remote Monitoring
- Water & Wastewater
- Much More!
Morningstar Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of solar charge controllers & inverters. Since our inception in 1993, over three million Morningstar units have been installed in over 112 countries around the world. Our controllers & inverters have set new standards in performance, quality, reliability and innovative features, and global solar markets have consistently recognized Morningstar’s products as the industry’s best overall customer value.
Our manufacturing is conducted in a fully automated world-class ISO 9001 facility, and our quality control includes 100% functional testing on every product, using the latest computerized test equipment and processes. For over 20 years, Morningstar has not changed its ownership, management or strategy, helping to build trusted, long term relationships among its employees, customers and suppliers.
Looking for more technical information on solar charge controllers? View our Tech-Note on different types of charge controllers!